Orthodontic treatment for teens
We know what being a teenager is like. There’s enough going on in your life without having to fit orthodontic appointments in so braces are probably the last thing you want.
But a straight smile can set you up for life and is also good for your overall health and well-being. A beautifully straight smile looks good too! So, if your parents have suggested it’s time to visit the orthodontist, or your family dentist has said you need braces, come on in to Northside Orthodontics.
Our team can talk to you about your treatment options and give you the low down on what life is really like with braces. It’s not as bad as it sounds.
Braces for teens
At Northside Orthodontics we offer treatment with our teenage patients in mind. One of the most popular treatment options is Invisalign Teen – and for good reason. Invisalign Teen aligners are virtually invisible so you can have orthodontic treatment and get straight teeth without anyone knowing you’re wearing them.
Invisalign Teen will straighten your teeth without you having to wear braces. Instead, you’ll get custom-made aligners, which look a little like a thin sports mouthguard, to place over your top and bottom teeth. The aligners are made from clear plastic so people will hardly be able to see you’re wearing them.
They’re also removable, so you can take them out when playing sports that you wear a mouthguard for or musical instruments, or for special occasions like school formals.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
Invisalign Teen is made up of a series of aligners. You'll change your aligners at home and only need to visit our practice around every 8 weeks. You need to wear each set of aligners for one-two weeks. After that, take those old ones out and put a new set in. The new set has been moulded slightly differently to encourage your teeth to move that bit further until eventually you’ll have a beautifully straight smile.
Tell your parents
If Invisalign Teen sounds like your kind of orthodontic treatment, but your parents want you to wear ‘proper braces’ because ‘they get better results’ – here’s a few things you can tell them:
- Invisalign Teen can straighten teeth more quickly and effectively than traditional metal braces
- Invisalign Teen aligners are removable so you can take them out to brush and floss your teeth. This means you’ll be able to keep your teeth clean during treatment.
- You’ll only need to visit us once every six-to-eight weeks, so that means your parents won’t have to drive you to appointments every week.
- Invisalign Teen aligners come with a blue dot wear indicator so you and your parents can keep track of how often you’re wearing them. For the best results, you need to wear them 20-22 hours per day.
- Invisalign Teen aligners are virtually invisible so you’ll be happy to wear them because no-one will be able to tell you’re having treatment.
- Northside Orthodontics offers a free Invisalign consultation with no-obligation to proceed with treatment, so you and your parents can come in and speak with our Invisalign Consultant to find out if Invisalign Teen is right for you!
- Northside Orthodontics has Diamond provider status from Invisalign. This is in recognition of our experience using Invisalign. What’s more, Drs Hammond and Moate both have Life Time Achievement awards for Invisalign.
Get your parents to book your free Invisalign consultation with us at Northside Orthodontics today, or better yet, do it yourself! It’s the first step to a straighter smile and more self-confidence.
How can Invisalign help you?
Get a straight, confident smile with Invisalign’s almost invisible braces. Here at Northside, we are one of the leading Invisalign providers in New South Wales, so you can rest assured your smile is in safe hands with us.Discover Invisalign
Book a FREE
with our Invisalign Consultant
By clicking submit, you are agreeing
See the kinds of issues we have helped resolve for some of our patients in our smile gallery.See Our Results
We’ll work with your family budget to find the best payment plan.Payment Plans